1. How long can my video be?
Videos can be up to two minutes long, and up to 100MB in size.
2. Where do I go to submit my video?
To enter, please go the Submit form and upload your video.
3. Can I use music in my video?
Use of commercial music will not be allowed due to copyright and distribution laws. Royalty free open source music can be found on the internet. Here are some websites that provide free open source music.
4. What file formats are acceptable to use?
File formats that will be accepted include: .MPEG4, 3GPP, .MOV, .AVI, .MPEGPS, .WMV, and FLV.
5. What is the deadline to submit a video entry?
All video entries must be submitted no later than November 11, 2011 at 11:59 EST but submitting before September 30 could win you an extra $2,000.
6. How many videos can I submit?
All entrants may submit as many videos as they want! Just remember that you may be splitting your votes between your videos if you do!
7. Who holds the copyright?
All entries become the property of Cubic Transportation Systems Inc. and their clients, and will not be returned for any reason.
8. What happens if I submit a video late?
Cubic is not liable for any late, misrouted, lost or damaged entries. Submit it as soon as possible. Late entries will not be accepted.
9. What is the prize for the winners and how many winners are there?
There will be one Local Winner per card system who will receive $1,500, one Front Runner Winner who will receive $2,000 and one National Winner who will receive an additional $5,000.
10. How will the videos be judged and how what will they be evaluated on?
Each video submitted will be posted on the appropriate YouTube Channel for the Transit Authority or area that they are submitted for. Voting will be open to the public and votes will be counted as the number of “Thumbs Up” a video receives. Feel free to send the link to your video to your friends and family so that they can vote for your video. In the event of a tie a panel of five Cubic Corporation employees will vote on the winning video.
11. When will the Front Runner Finalist and Winner be announced?
On or about October 1, 2011 all Front Runner Finalists will be notified by e-mail. Voting for the Front Runner Winner will take place at the American Public Transit Association Annual Meeting and Expo from October 3-5, 2011. The Front Runner Winner will be notified by e-mail on or about October 6, 2011.
12. When will the Local Winners be announced?
On or about November 14, 2011 the Local Winners will be e-mailed and will be announced on iheartmycard.com. Finalist voting will also begin on or about November 14, 2011 to determine the National Winner
13. When will the National Winner be announced?
On or about January 4, 2012 the National Winner will be e-mailed and will be announced on iheartmycard.com.
14. What is the age limit for this contest?
You must be at least 18 years of age by the date of entry to submit a video.
15. Do you have to be a U.S. resident to participate?
Yes, due to legal guidelines, you must be a U.S. resident to participate in the contest. This contest is offered only in the United States. Others are welcome to participate but will not be eligible for the monetary prizes.